Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Childhood

So we have seen a few children's plays including Narnia, Prince Caspian, and the Puppet play. The Gulliver's Travels a.k.a. puppet play was a headache. Literally, those tiny voices drove me crazy; however, probably the largest congregate of smiling Russian's I've witnessed thus far. If I were Julius Ceasar I would thumbs down that puppet play/show. Although the puppets themselves were interesting and impressive.
Narnia was amazing. No joke, I was more into the play than the children. The set was amazing and I loved how the wardrobe transformed by turning over into the classic lamp-post of Narnia. The costumes were realistic, but not in color-which I enjoyed. There were also some additions to the novel, such as squirrels, the blue squirrels. Also the White Witch becomes 15ft tall for the fight scene...which used flashlights and glow sticks. Basically this play was a kid's dream world!
Prince Caspian was a good play, but not as good as Narnia. The singing was off-key, but I don't think the children noticed. The set with Caspian was very ingenious as it made something out of nothing- 4 sets for the price of 1! It was cool because after the play, we got to go back stage and we also met with the actors and actresses. :)
Overall, the children's plays have been highly enjoyable and make me feel like a kid again- childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment