Sunday, January 10, 2010

From Russia, With Love.

What an experience. I have to admit at first I was a bit skeptical of how much I was going to enjoy this trip, given the fact that I'm not fluent and this is basically a full immersion interim. However after the first week I must say that the word impressed would be a dramatic understatement. The more appropriate term would be "In awe". Everything is just beautiful here, the atmosphere is great, the people are great, and to be able to experience some of the things that we are experiencing here seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. Yeah, it's cold. Yeah, jet lag sucks. Yeah, it's expensive (here in moscow), but honestly, there is no other place in the world I would rather be right now. I am excited to see the next play, and go experience another day in what seems to be an entirely new world. I dont have the camera equiptment to post pictures on this blog, but even if I did, I would probably just flood it with all the pictures I've taken. For my first trip outside of the states, It doesn't get much better than this. Just today, I was able to go backstage at one of the theaters and after that, some of the actors brought myself and another student to their dressing room for an exclusive question and answer session, and one of the actors gave us a copy of one of the movies he is in. That's just part of one day here, I honestly have no clue what to expect next. There are also just some things here that I have never seen before and may never see again, for example, the man on the metro with the blade part of an ice auger. Or also the Red Sqare and all of its beautiful buildings. There's so much here that there is no way I will ever get all of it, but I'm trying to get as much as I can, and so far, the trip is yet to disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment