Friday, January 8, 2010

A note on dining out

Hello all,
Sarah, Brad, Joey and I went to a fairly nice, decently priced restaurant called Sherbet on Ulitza Petrovka (same street as the prodyktbi) this afternoon. The food is actually quite good, but I ran into a bit of trouble when dealing with the menu. I looked for the most reasonably priced drink on the menu (besides water), and I found tea for a mere 40 rubels. HOWEVER, when the bill came around my total for the tea was 260! Kak uzhasna! The tea on the menu that I intended to order was simply a cup of tea, but they brought out a whole pot. When we asked the waitress about the price mixup, she said the bill was correct and that they don't even serve single cups of tea. Maybe it was my fault for not reading the menu more thoroughly, but in my humble opinion, restaurants should not have items on the menu that they will not be serving. Otherwise, I would have settled for a Pepsi.

Look before you leap,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment